If you need help lodging your tax return, you may be eligible for the Tax Help program. Blackheath Area Neighbourhood Centre is offering the Tax Help program from the 5th of August until the 28th of October 2019. Bookings are essential, please call BANC on 4787 7770 to book.
General Information: Tax Help is a network of ATO-trained and accredited community volunteers who provide a free and confidential service to help people complete their tax returns online using myTax.
Are you eligible for Tax Help?
You are eligible for Tax Help if your income is around $60,000 or less for the income year and you did not:
- work as a contractor, for example a contract cleaner or taxi driver
- run a business, including as a sole trader
- have partnership or trust matters
- sell shares or an investment property
- own a rental property
- have capital gains tax (CGT)
- receive royalties
- receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
- receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity.
What can our volunteer help you with?
Volunteers can help you lodge your tax return or amendment online or claim a refund of franking credits.
If our volunteers work out that you don’t need to lodge a tax return, they can help you complete a non-lodgment advice.
Remember to bring these to your appointment:
- your myGov user ID and password
- your mobile phone to receive your myGov access code
- your bank account details (BSB and account number)
- your tax file number
- an original or amended notice of assessment from any one of the last five years
- income statements from all sources
- all your receipts for gifts, donations and work-related expenses
- details of any child support payments made
- details of any losses on investments in shares and rental properties (net investment losses)
- details of your spouse’s (married or de-facto) taxable income or a reasonable estimate if you had a spouse at any time during the financial year.